Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Beginning of 3D printing.

3D printing is the new trend and have been around for more than a couple of years. So after considering the cost involved and a lot of research, I concluded that it would be fun to learn something new.

Purchase
Finally that I have decided to get into it, I started researching on the options available based on ease of customization and cost. Being an electronics hobbyist, whats better than being able to tinker around with the circuits and be able to modify as per my requirements. Also being on a very constrained budget, instead of getting a ready to print printer I opted for a DIY kit.

I went through a lot of reviews, feedback and assembly videos for different printers like Anet A8, Anet A6, CR-10, Tevo Tarantula, Tornado, Black Widow. In India the price of a 3D printer kit begins from 20K INR. And finding a reliable seller was a pain. Some who are reliable were selling of a very high cost. So I directed my self towards Chinese manufacturers.


The Hunt for a printer
I browsed through a lot of products on Aliexpress.


Given the price and popularity I settled for Tevo Tarantula. Placed order during a sale and ended up paying $200 (13K INR)  and free shipping.

Tevo took 10 days to ship the product. Today as I write the product has been shipped using DHL. Might take another 10 days before it shows up. Now will have to wait and see what custom duty is charged.

more updates once I receive the printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment