Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How to enable Virtual CD-ROM in Data Card

One of the reader of my blog asked me question which made me think. The questions was How to enable Virtual CD-ROM in Data Card?

Virtual CD-ROM in Computer

After some research I came up with an answer. So thought posting it so that everybody can benefit out of it.
Let me guide you step by step on How to enable Virtual CD-ROM on data card.

  1. We will need a software called MDMA which is free to download and can be downloaded from here: http://www.nerve.org.za/mdma/
  2. After downloading extract the file MDMA.exe to D: drive.
  3. Once you have installed the Drivers for your data card, open command prompt.
  4. On command prompt type "D:\mdma.exe u2diag:1" without quotes and hit enter.
  5. MDMA application should come up. The Data card will be ejected and replugged. The drivers will be reinstalled and now you should have your Virtual CD-ROM. 
  6. You can also disable it using the command "D:\mdma.exe u2diag:0"

There are a lot more commands that can be used, and can be seen using command "D:\mdma.exe /?"

I hope this helps. If you like this post, then please show your support by clicking on the "Like" button. This will encourage me to write more.
Thanks!!!

No comments: